Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Congratulations to Barack Obama

You don't have to be a Democrat to recognized what's been accomplished here. It's something never before witnessed in our nation's history, something I certainly never thought I would ever see in my lifetime:

Someone with a great deal of class defeating a Clinton.

I mean, I could certainly see a Clinton getting beaten, but only if the victor got down in the gutter with them.

Were I not such a nasty ol' Rethuglican in the tank for John McCain, I would pull the lever for Barack Obama on that basis alone. Hell, part of me thinks he deserves the White House on that basis alone.

For those who think that Barack Obama isn't man enough to take on our enemies in the world, consider this: the man beat the Clinton Mafia (well, hopefully anyway; I realize they may never die for good). Better than any Republican could do.