1. Q. Gosh, Roger, what's your problem with allowing people to comment on your blog?
A. Gee, Q, I have no idea.
2. Crazy thought: perhaps people like Obama precisely because he isn't capital-P partisan. Just saying.
3. I think they got about as far as they had a right to go.
4. Why were they so reticent to say where he was? Weird. Was it becase they were embarrassed that we was out if the country for some reason? Was it the fact that it was Africa? It's 2008: you don't have to be physically around to get a lot of things done anymore. Most people are sophisticated enough to know that. Give the public some credit.
5. Sarcastro does a better job of political prognostication (and punditry, for that matter) than most people calling themselves pundits. Why? Well, he's no dummy for one thing. But it also has to do with the fact that he has an actual life in which politics is at best a secondary concern. He has a real person's perspective on things, which comes in handy when you're making predictions about what real people will do (i.e., the heart of politics itself).