Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Take Five

1. Geez, Louise, what a bunch of whiners. I don't have any illusions about John McCain, never have really. I can take him for what he is: a center-right politician with an interesting biography. This is why I don't have to worry about the five stages of depression (or whatever) these people are going through. Also, I rather like him (You would.-- ed. Yeah, I'm a stinker that way.)

2. Since, pre-Fred, Rudy was my second choice (behind McCain), I'm also perfectly cool with his endorsement of McCain.

3. By the way, anyone who thinks Mike Huckabee is going to get even a sniff of the VP slot is smoking something. And that would be true even if Mitt Romney got the nomination.

4. If you are the sort of person who would write in to complain about the headline of this article, you really, really, really need a life.

5. The question still remains whether John McCain can win a two-man race. I guess we'll find out next week. Sort of.